All content on this site has a Yarmouth connection.
The videos were filmed and edited by Lynn Hemeon.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lucy d'Entremont

Powered by Cincopa
Thanks Lucy d'Entremont


Musicians were: Rosalind Nickerson,piano
Rick Muise -percussion (formerly of "the Nudge"....Gary Greene,Violin.....and Bruce Boudreau of Hope Studios in Meteghan River played rhythm,lead, and bass guitar,mandolin,keyboard back up.He was also my producer.Bruce has been in over ten bands.

Kristen d'Eon,Rosalind Nickerson,Myrna d'Entremont,and Lucy d'Entremont




The Woman Behind The Songs

I was born on February 10th, 1963, the thirteenth of fourteen children. I was raised in the small town of Tusket, situated in Yarmouth County , Nova Scotia.
At 21, I married my highschool sweetheart, Mark and we have two amazing sons, Jeff and Julian.
I was a stay at home mom for years, then I dabbled with my own home based business for nearly six years. Throughout my life I was always in awe of a 78 record that my mother had made before I was born. Inspired by her and just as passionate about my own desire to create something of my own, my dream was to follow along the path she pioneered and leave behind, a legacy for my own children.
For as long as I could remember I have lived (and breathed) music. Sing-alongs and the peaceful rhythm of an acoustic guitar were simply a way of life for those in my family. We had some of our best times together just sitting around in a circle singing songs from our childhood days.
I started singing at the SAR music concerts, then was in Music and Friends here in Pubnico,have sung at weddings for over 30 years and have recorded for other people, back up and lead.
The very first songs I had written were back in high school. If I had created a song for every tune I have ever had in my head I would have an attic full of CD’s, that’s for sure.
In 2003 I sat down and wrote the lyrics and music to three songs, which have not yet been recorded but hopefully will appear on a future CD. During a long and devestating illness I began fiercely writing songs as a way to cope with the situation. Writing music was a form of comfort, of healing and of hope for me during some of the hardest times of my life.